We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. If we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may amend this policy to reflect changes to our business, website or to data protection legislation. We therefore ask that you revisit this policy on a regular basis to ensure you are familiar with its terms.
This policy statement applies to this website as detailed below; if you follow a link out of our site or leave our site in some other way, this policy will no longer apply.
Who we are
Speeedloan Finance Limited, trading as “Daikokuya”, is the data controller of any personal data that you provide when using this website. Our company registration number and Data Protection Register number are shown below:
Company Number: 04332476
Data Protection Registration Number: Z6194219
Our registered office is at 2 Burgage Square, Wakefield, WF1 2TS.
You can telephone us on 01924 841800.
Ways in which we collect data
When you use our website, we collect information about you in the following ways:
- • When you create an account on our website
- • When you contact us to make an enquiry or request information
- • When you submit personal information or place an order with us
We may collect the following information:
- • Your name and contact details (including postal address and email address)
- • Information relevant to any purchase you make (excluding payment details)
- • Information captured during the set up of your online account (excluding payment details)
- • Specific information about any item you purchase
What we do with the information
We need your information to understand your needs and to provide you with a better service. We use information held about you in the following ways:
- • To allow you to use our website and its features as effectively as possible, including buying items made available via our website
- • To process any orders you make for items offered for sale on our website
- • To assess our business and product performance, including market research, business and statistical analysis
To contact you, where you have asked us to do this. This includes contacting you for marketing unless you have told us you do not want us to do this.
Disclosing your information
We will only disclose your personal information in the following ways:
- • Where we are required to this by law – for example, for the detection and prevention of crime or where we are under a legal duty to disclose information about you such as providing information to a regulator or other government body or agency. If you give us information which we believe to be false or which we believe is provided for the purpose of financial crime, we may pass this to the appropriate authorities.
- • Where we need to share your information with other businesses in order to fulfil orders you have placed or for administration purposes, including taking payments or for other activities necessary for the operation of our business.
- • If we sell or transfer our business or any of our rights or obligations under any agreement we may have with you. If we do this, either we or the successor business (or both) will tell you this. If the transfer or sale goes ahead, the transferee or purchaser may then use your personal information in the same way as us.
Accessing your information
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have a right to access personal information we hold about you. This is called a Data Subject Access Request, which you can make by writing to our Risk & Compliance team at the following address:
2 Burgage Square, Merchant Gate, Wakefield, WF1 2TS
You must pay £10 if you want to do this. If so, please include a cheque made out to Speedloan Finance Limited with your application for information. When we have received your request and payment, we may contact you to check your identity. When we have done this, we must respond to your request within 40 days.
We collect information from you when you complete our online forms by means of “persistent cookies” when you use our site and also in the form of traffic data.
We collect information that you give us when you open an online account and when you make a purchase. We only ask for the information we need to provide our services to you. Where we would like more information over and above what we need to do this, we will be clear that this is optional and that you are free not to provide this if you would prefer not to.
The information generated by the cookie (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers located in the United States. Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity for website operators and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage. Google may transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law or where those third parties process information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by them.
We keep a record of traffic data which is logged automatically by our ISP’s servers and which we analyse. This includes your IP address, the URL you visted before ours, the URL you visit after leaving our site and the pages on our site which you visit. We do not store or analyse this data in a way that identifies you as an individual.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have suitable physical, electronic and organisational procedures to protect the information we collect online.
We do not store your credit or debit card information. All transactions are processed using secure SSL technology. Transmission of payment card data is encrypted and delivered securely to our payment provider Stripe. No payment data is stored on our servers and we will not have access to your information at any time.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over other sites. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites, which are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are added to your computer and any other device you use to browse the web. Cookies allow us to remember your preferences when you visit the Daikokuya website.
What Information do cookies collect?
There are many different types of cookie; the cookies we use on our website allow us to recognise you as a past user of the site and also collect information about the pages you view. We don’t collect personal information using cookies and any information we collect about the journey you take on the site is anonymous.
Who sets the cookies?
Cookies placed on your computer while visiting are website are done so by Daikokuya. Other third parties who will set cookies when visiting our website include Google and social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are:
- • For technical purposes essential to effective operation of website, particularly in relation to on-line transactions.
- • To enable Daikokuya to collect information about the browsing and shopping habits of our customers and to help us continually improve our services
How do I disable cookies?
You can manually disable cookies in your web browser, how to do this varies depending on the browser you use.
If you require further information on cookies you can find guidance on the Information Commissioners Office Website (https://ico.org.uk/).